Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hardwork Never Stops

Hello,

The Iditarod has come and gone but there has still been plenty of work to do around the kennel. Lots of cleaning and organizing everything that came back from the trial, that 2,700lbs of stuff we packed up for the race. Well the cool thing is all the dog food stays in the towns at the check point and the villagers get to use it. Everything else, however, comes back to us. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to around here lately.

I am excited to be heading to Fairbanks next week Monday to see the campus. Then I'll be on a plane home to WI the following weekend! I am so excited to see friends and family back home for a couple months.

Again if anyone needs and yard work, house cleaning, etc while I'm back I'll be looking for cash side jobs to help fund my return to AK by July 1st. 

just some cool melting of snow...

My #1 boy Chase
My amazing girl Lucy


Love to see the kids sharing
Deedee's house dogs and Chase and Lucy all on a walk with me


10:30pm still watching a sunset

<3 Sunsets

Fudge sun bathing on his house

Almost all of the sled we used this year...
They all had to get stored away

Another Sunset... I know, I really like them

It was finally time to change out the studded tires! Spring has arrived!

Deedee's race sleds this year. We had to pick them up and clean them all out each sled was a little over 200 lbs (the broken down sled was so it fit in the plane to come home.)


More cleaning and organizing of the sled barn. Saving all the dog food bags for use throughout the year

Cleaned out a couple chest freezers that stored fish all winter

This is just very exciting seeing the ground around here. I have only ever seen snow on the ground here till now.



 Had to organize all the booties and coats that came back in.

Yum... food for next year... fish anyone?




So Mike and Deedee were gone for April Fools well the other handler came up with this idea for an April Fools joke.  What do you think?  Dee got a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment