Tuesday, March 4, 2014

An Unreal, Rewarding, and Dream Come True Weekend! The Iditarod!

The Iditarod has started!!!!
So much to tell you all, expect lots of blog updates this week with how Deedee is doing!

Alright so last Thursday was the Iditarod banquet and number draw.  So we all loaded up early drove down to Anchorage, picked up my Dad, and headed to the banquet.  I don't think I really realized how loved Deedee is by fan until the moment when I could barely get to our table to put my coat down because the line for her autograph was so long!  Crazy to see that and to see how great she is with all of her fans, she barely had time to eat dinner.  Deedee drew number 16 for the start of the race.
While at the banquet I had a chance to stop by Sarah Palin's table (skipped the whole line hehe) and introduce my dad to Todd and Sarah.  Unreal just got to walk up and say hi :)






Friday was an early day as well cleaning up for all her sponsors to stop by and see the kennel and get sled rides.We also had lots of packing up to do for the ceremonial start in Anchorage the next day.  Definitely put my dad to work on making necklines and feeding all the dogs. 
Had to have some fun while doing rehab for the dogs


Had to get our Polito's picture while we were here

Volt and I

Last minute sewing for her sled bag

Saturday was the ceremonial start for the Iditarod in Anchorage down 4th street. 7 miles through the city.  I got to drive the tag sled behind Deedee for it!!!!!!!!  Honestly a dream come true I have spent 17 years wanting to see the Iditarod start and I had the best seat in the house! It was amazing!
Picture from Alaska dispatch

Coral waiting to get get going


Riding the tag sled



Sunday was the official start on Willow Lake.
Loading dogs up

Getting her 200lb sled down from the truck

Me with viking and Jaimee with Willow the leads at the start line

Finally saw a state trooper!

This is basically what we do to get to the start line, not sure what team this is though


start line in the distance


Overall it was an amazing weekend couldn't have asked for a better experience! More picture will be coming in and I'll post those.  Here is a link of Dee and I going through Anchorage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd7PbKw5Lc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment